Thursday 1 June 2017

A Mother's Dream: A breakfast for champions.

A Mother's Dream blog circle:  'A Breakfast for champions', by Fleur Davies.



Have you heard of the Harvester pub restaurant chain?  I bet you have.  But have you tried their breakfasts?  Well, if you haven't - get a move on.  I first discovered the wonder of their morning time menu a few months back with my son when we had a Mummy and Son date.  We wanted to try somewhere new.  

We'd been to the Derby Pool in New Brighton a few times as a family over the years for dinner and have frequently visited for a drink and crisps on a warm summer evening.  But breakfast was a new venture.

Basically, for me, it's breakfast heaven!  With any 'all you can eat' cooked breakfast ordered (and this also goes for the kids) you get free access to the continental buffet offerings too.  AND the option of unlimited coffee.  Can I get an "Amen"?!  All this for around £8 per adult and £3 per child aged 10 and under.  Of which we have three - with hefty appetites.  Bargain and a half.  

Now I'm obviously very excited about this, and I'm sure I have friends who will be dragging their bacon, sausage and egg loving backsides and offspring down to their nearest Harvester asap.  And why not?  You get to stuff your face like some sort of gorging animal with no need to eat again for like a week.  If you are familiar with the Friends TV show, refer your memories to the scene where Joey is left alone at the restaurant dinner table while everyone's meals arrive and he says to the waiting on staff:  "You boys are about to see something really special."  That's kind of how I approach a buffet style meal...  #sorrynotsorry

We had this breakfast in the diary for a week or so.  It's half term right now on The Wirral and keeping the kids occupied and alive is a must.  Breakfast is always a winner for us as we talk the kids into a lie in, bribing them with tablet time for half an hour or so.  Then we head out at about brunch time.  Knowing that we're in no rush and can take our time.  I always make a note to explain this to the kids.  I don't know why but for some reason it's like a survival skill in our household that eating as quickly as possible is standard practice.  

I knew I wanted to document our morning that day.  I was excited about it.  It's been a little while since I purposely took my camera out to document a whole event.  And I got everyone in on this one.  My hubs took some photos.  AND my middle kid did too.  She has a great eye and surprisingly strong arms to hold up the decent sized camera body and lens I took with us.

So here you go.  Our family brunch together.  This Mother's Dream - not only for spending some quality time with my nearest and dearest, but also unlimited bacon.... mmmmm bacon....

Thanks for viewing peeps.

Fleur xx

And once you've had a peruse through my set of images, you can follow the rest of this month's A Mother's Dream blog circle here: Its by the lovely Julie Grant Photography

(As always, click into the images to see them at full resolution.  Cheers loves!)












Photo by Carl
Photo by Carl
Photo by Carl

Photo by Poppi
Photo by Poppi
Photo by Carl
Photo by Carl
Photo by Carl










No comments:

Post a Comment